“Caffeine were excellent at helping us quickly and clearly express ourCEO, SAGE
What is brand strategy & architecture?
Whether you’re a product business, a service business, or one which delivers experiences, your brand is the interface between your business and your customers. In its most basic form, it can be simply a name or logo that helps your customers quickly identify you in a crowded marketplace.
But your brand should do much more than be a signpost. It should also give your potential customers a reason to choose you, differentiate you from your competitors, and inspire your employees to deliver great products, services and experiences to your customers.
We define a unique DNA for your brand(s) by:
- Identifying an authentic brand purpose: why the brand exists
- Articulating a clear brand positioning: how you want to be perceived
- Creating a compelling proposition statement: what value you create for your customers
And where you own more than one brand e.g., in a brand portfolio or you have a master/product brand relationship, we define a strategy for each brand and an architecture that defines the relationship between them and how they interact with each other.
How we help
- 4Cs framework – we initiate our proprietary 4Cs audit and commence preliminary research into Customer, Competition, Company and Context.
- Develop a series of brand DNA models – built from the territories identified in the previous phase, each model outlines a potential, Purpose, Positioning and Proposition for the brand.
- Exploration of each model – a workshop to work through the strengths and weaknesses of the different models as well as the considerations and implications
- Refinement of preferred DNA model – we build, strengthen and codify the preferred expression.
- Developing the architecture – where relevant, we explore the optimum architecture for your group of brands. Our approach is predicated on keeping things as simple as possible, either because they play a strong role in driving demand, or because they serve a greater strategic purpose for the whole group.